Pat Nichols provides transition leadership to organizations prepared to undertake major strategic transitions, including turnarounds, start-ups, mergers, strategic redirections, reorganizations, creating new opportunities for sustained success.
Pat is a seasoned nonprofit leader with an impressive history of success.
- Led reorientation of multinational (17 country) public health organization, a subsidiary of an internationally renowned, $700 million, pediatric hospital.
- Outlined alternative strategic direction for a $70 million grantmaking portfolio and recommended operating improvements.
- Led first phase of radical change initiative of 125 year old, 110,000 member women's organization and its affiliated foundation.
- Launched new marketing and development strategy for a pioneering biomedical research foundation.
- Led operating turnaround and initiated strategic repositioning of 30,000 member national women's organization.
Pat has completed a number of interim management engagements, including recent interim executive engagements with Safe Kids Worldwide, a subsidiary of Children's National Medical Center, The Campagna Center, American Association of University Women, Goldman Philanthropic Partnerships, Painting and Decorating Contractors of America, Business and Professional Women/USA, Youth Venture.
Prior to working with Transition Management Consulting, Inc., Pat served as president and CEO of a national organization, executive director of a foundation, and the national consulting firm of Price Waterhouse.
Pat holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Westminster College and studied Political Theory at St. Peter's College at Oxford University.